Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chik-fil-a and the Gay Agenda

Recently the President and CEO of Chik-fil-A stated his company's stance of non-support of gay marriage; choosing, as a company, to support the biblical definition of marriage. His comments were  in no way inflammatory or in a tone of hatred or intolerance. However, the gay community has jumped all over his comments with vicious attacks and claims of bigotry, hatred and intolerance...as has become the standard procedure for the gay community and their backers. All of the arguments I have read about this story thus far are hollow, and completely unsubstantiated. Here's my response...

"So, the gay community and their supporters have become so bold that they are now beginning to tell everyone that they can no longer have a differing opinion from this very vocal minority group. If the Chik-fil-a company chooses to not support the gay agenda, that is their right. As much as someone may not like that stance, the company--and anyone else for that matter--has every right to have and express their opinion without fear of reprisal or retribution. Whether or not you or I agree with someone's opinion, even if we hate it, we must respect their opinion. That's what make the Consititution and the Bill of Rights so great! However, I fail to understand how not supporting gay marriage is a broadstroke of civil rights abuses, as the gay community claims. Numerous laws already exist that protect civil unions and those involved from insurance issues to partner recognition concerns. I have yet to have anyone explain the actual civil rights abuses that Chik-fil-a has committed.
The tolerance that the gay community so loudly espouses is completely lost as they spew hatred towards anyone who dares speak out against the homosexual lifestyle. Sorry...but last I checked, this is STILL the United States of America, where opinions are as different as the backgrounds we ALL come from. Time to step up and allow those who don't agree with or support the gay agenda to voice their opinions just as loudly as the LGBT community does. When THAT is allowed by both sides, then we can have some civil discourse on the topic."


After my post was made, I had numerous people telling me that I was filled with hate towards gays, and that I just didn't "get it"...whatever "it" is. Not one respondant explained how the above opinion was hateful--even after I asked for an explanation. Further, other individuals threw words at me like bigot, scumbag, ignorant, uneducated, etc. Those responses only go to illustrate what my opinion was stating...that the gay community is not the least bit interested in the right of Americans to choose whether or not they support the gay lifestyle. Great way to gain acceptance.

No comments: