Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

On this Memorial Day 2012, let us all pause to remember, and give thanks, to all the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice to create and sustain our great nation.
From the field at Concord to the dusty battlefields of Afghanistan, to those who have died we owe a debt of gratitude. For without them we could not have the lives we enjoy today. We would not have the freedom to debate topics of interest, or argue our opinions before the public. I would not be able to write my blogs that often criticize our leadership; and you would not be able to disagree with any points I make.
Every Memorial Day I personally give Thanks to the men and women who gave their lives for me.
I hope that everyone pauses, for even a few seconds--from their bbq's, their picnics, their family gatherings--to remember the sacrifice of others so that we all have the freedoms we enjoy.
Memorial Day 2012.

No comments: